Many kids and teens have problems that affect how they feel, behave, or learn. Child and adolescent therapy is a type of treatment for these problems. It helps children cope better, communicate better, and do better. It helps children and families understand and resolve problems, modify harmful behaviors, and make positive changes in their lives. Independent Behavioral Health Group, which is located in Flint, MI, provides child and adolescent therapy services. Here are five signs your child could benefit from therapy.
1. Behavior that interferes with school– Therapists are trained to help with all kinds of problems. For example, they help children and teens going through tough times like school problems and bullying. Difficulty staying on task, getting into fights, and getting sent out of class are all potential warning signs. If you don't intervene, your child's behavior can become an entrenched habit.
2. Taking risks without thinking- Some kids and teens have a hard time controlling their actions. Sometimes, they take risks without thinking. Teenagers take more risks than any other age groups. This risk-taking includes drug use, dangerous driving, binge drinking, and risky sexual behavior. A therapist can create a plan to manage your child's negative behaviors.
3. Difficulty managing impulses – Impulsivity is defined as "actions without foresight”. Hitting, jumping on furniture, or running in a convenience store are common impulse control problems. Impulse control develops slowly over time. Children and teens who become aggressive after they begin school or yell at their teacher need help developing better skills. If your child exhibits impulsive behavior, therapy can help reduce impulsivity.
4. Difficulty controlling emotions- It's normal for children and teens to have occasional emotional outbursts. Daily emotional outbursts are a sign of a behavior problem. Older children should be able to cope with negative feelings in an appropriate manner. If your child's anger is out of control and affecting how they interact with others, they may need professional help. Child and adolescent therapy is a way to get help for your child.
5. Problems related to social interaction- Some children find social situations difficult. Other kids appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with people. It's normal for kids and teenagers to have spats with peers, but if your child's behaviors prevent him or her from having friends, that's a problem. A few tantrums, arguments, and yelling once in a while is normal. But if these behaviors occur on a regular basis, then they are a cause for concern.
If your child needs therapy, why wait? We can help you today! Call Independent Behavioral Health Group at 810-733-5735 today to schedule a consultation in Flint, MI. We help children make tremendous changes in their lives. We want all our patients to live the best life possible!
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|