Many kids and teens have problems that affect how they feel, behave, or learn. Child and adolescent therapy is a type of treatment for these problems. It helps children cope better, communicate better, and do better. It helps children and families understand and resolve problems, modify harmful behaviors, and make positive changes in their lives. Independent Behavioral Health Group, which is located in Flint, MI, provides child and adolescent therapy services. Here are five signs your child could benefit from therapy.
1. Behavior that interferes with school– Therapists are trained to help with all kinds of problems. For example, they help children and teens going through tough times like school problems and bullying. Difficulty staying on task, getting into fights, and getting sent out of class are all potential warning signs. If you don't intervene, your child's behavior can become an entrenched habit.
2. Taking risks without thinking- Some kids and teens have a hard time controlling their actions. Sometimes, they take risks without thinking. Teenagers take more risks than any other age groups. This risk-taking includes drug use, dangerous driving, binge drinking, and risky sexual behavior. A therapist can create a plan to manage your child's negative behaviors.
3. Difficulty managing impulses – Impulsivity is defined as "actions without foresight”. Hitting, jumping on furniture, or running in a convenience store are common impulse control problems. Impulse control develops slowly over time. Children and teens who become aggressive after they begin school or yell at their teacher need help developing better skills. If your child exhibits impulsive behavior, therapy can help reduce impulsivity.
4. Difficulty controlling emotions- It's normal for children and teens to have occasional emotional outbursts. Daily emotional outbursts are a sign of a behavior problem. Older children should be able to cope with negative feelings in an appropriate manner. If your child's anger is out of control and affecting how they interact with others, they may need professional help. Child and adolescent therapy is a way to get help for your child.
5. Problems related to social interaction- Some children find social situations difficult. Other kids appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with people. It's normal for kids and teenagers to have spats with peers, but if your child's behaviors prevent him or her from having friends, that's a problem. A few tantrums, arguments, and yelling once in a while is normal. But if these behaviors occur on a regular basis, then they are a cause for concern.
If your child needs therapy, why wait? We can help you today! Call Independent Behavioral Health Group at 810-733-5735 today to schedule a consultation in Flint, MI. We help children make tremendous changes in their lives. We want all our patients to live the best life possible!
We all go through moments in our lives that can be challenging, from losing a job to going through a divorce. Even positive moments such as having a baby can be stressful at times. During these tough times, you may be looking for a Flint, MI, therapist you can trust. Our psychiatrist, Dr. Nikhil Vora, and our clinical social workers, JoAnne Ingram and Karen Vedrody, are here to help.
Here at Independent Behavioral Health Group, you aren’t just another number. We take great pride in providing each and every one of our patient’s with the support, guidance, and confidence they need. The rapport and relationship you establish with your therapist is an important one. We want you to feel like you have a safe spaceus.
Who can benefit from therapy?
Well, most people can, actually. After all, therapy is a valuable tool to help you better handle certain emotions and feeling while solving problems in your life and growing mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually. We won’t just talk about your problems; our Flint counselors will help you come up with solutions.
Therapy is a great way to:
- Help you cope with negative feelings
- Better handle daily stressors
- Understand your own mental health
- Cope with and move past traumas
- Provide you with coping strategies during times of crisis
- Get rid of negative behaviors such as drinking or using drugs
- Create healthier relationships with family and friends
There are many mental health disorders that can benefit from regular therapy, including:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
We have a psychiatrist and licensed clinical social workers that are ready to provide the counseling you or a loved one needs. From marriage and family therapy to psychiatric evaluations and individual counseling, we offer it all.
Here at Independent Behavioral Health Group, we want you to know that you are not alone when it comes to the issues you face. We are ready to help you face those issues head on so that you can lead a life that’s fulfilling and supports positive mental wellbeing. Call our Flint, MI, office today and schedule your intake session with us.
Welcome to the Blog of Independent Behavioral Health Group
Independent Behavioral Health Group would like to welcome you to our blog. Here you will find informative and useful postings about your health and our practice.
At Independent Behavioral Health Group we believe that educated patients are better prepared to make decisions regarding their overall health and wellbeing. Our blog was designed to provide you with valuable health care information, the latest medical developments and mental health advice from our dedicated team.
Independent Behavioral Health Group hopes you find our blog to be a great resource for keeping up to date with proper mental health care and treatments.
We welcome all comments and questions.
-- Independent Behavioral Health Group
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|